Popular Topics(Views)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1 guest and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New Airwolf helicopter #4270
03/02/12 05:12 PM
03/02/12 05:12 PM
Maryland, USA
M
MoffettRules Offline OP
Pilot
MoffettRules  Offline OP
Pilot
M
Maryland, USA
This is in addendum to my comments in the "AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE" comments. If such a venture took place and a new script was developed, what helicopter would be the logical choice? I love the modified Bell 222 frame that became Airwolf like we all do but let's be honest here, as mean-looking as the Lady was, if you plucked it out of 1985 and pitted it against today's military super copters, would it be effective? What would be your rotary weapon of choice today? What about a turbo-modified RAH-66 Comanche?

"The wolf has come down from the north, and your fat little town is safe no longer"
Re: New Airwolf helicopter [Re: MoffettRules] #4312
29/03/12 11:29 PM
29/03/12 11:29 PM
united states
airwolf987654321 Offline
Redwolf Pilot
airwolf987654321  Offline
Redwolf Pilot
united states
no way the design of airwolf was such that it made it realisticly areodynamic so another design like the 430 maybe in the offing.

Re: New Airwolf helicopter [Re: MoffettRules] #4317
02/04/12 09:39 PM
02/04/12 09:39 PM
Cape Coral, Florida
Mike Offline

Global Moderator
Mike  Offline

Global Moderator
Cape Coral, Florida
Well, the Eurocopter NH-90, aka the "MRH-90", is an actual, relatively cutting-edge military helicopter. It has a form which borrows a little bit from the Bell 222/422 designs, but is a lot bigger.

An ex-girlfriend of mine does (or did, have no idea any longer) work for an Australian defense contractor that dealt with them. As I recall, she was rather proud of the thing. She also turns wrenches on both rotary and fixed wing aircraft, so I guess she'd be in a position to know if something was worth it.

Anyhow, regardless of what airframe they'd use today, 80s Airwolf is a genie loosed from a bottle which can really never go back. I don't think anyone these days would buy into putting turbojet / afterburner engines on a helicopter. BUT... and especially if Andrew Probert could be allowed to put his hand on the thing, I'm absolutely certain NuAirwolf could be made to look utterly amazing. Frankly, it may not take a whole lot of effort these days, given the nature of technology actually already in use (flat panel displays, touch screens, general miniaturization, GPS, etc.)

Personally, if I were producing such a series, I would try to do a design as close as possible to a high-end version of a modern surveillance/combat chopper.

Mike

“The only thing we have to fear is Season 4 itself!”

Moderated by  Mark J.Cairns, MJC 

BUY the official 'Airwolf Extended Themes' 2CD Soundtrack now. CLICK HERE