Popular Topics(Views)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 2 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? #3978
17/04/11 01:12 AM
17/04/11 01:12 AM
West Midlands
GregWolf Offline OP
Redwolf Pilot
GregWolf  Offline OP
Redwolf Pilot
West Midlands
A UK based Airwolf would be far cheaper to make with fantastic scenery that it has to offer from the Cities through to the countryside.

Airwolf's new lair could be in the wilds of Ireland in the mountains...

If anyone from ITV or the BBC has the vision to purchase and customise an Airwolf helicopter then the possibilities could be endless.

Perhaps the old cast of the Bill could be used. Polly Page as Caitlin, Burnside as Dominic, Roach as String and Brownlow as Archangel!!!!

thumbs

Plus Mark and Jan could do all of the episodic music!!!!!!!

thumbs

Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: GregWolf] #3979
17/04/11 02:01 AM
17/04/11 02:01 AM
Cape Coral, Florida
Mike Offline

Global Moderator
Mike  Offline

Global Moderator
Cape Coral, Florida
Originally Posted by GregWolf
Plus Mark and Jan could do all of the episodic music!!!!!!!

In the vernacular of the so-called "African-American" community: I'm down with that, yo.

This brings up an interesting (however unrelated) point. I actually have a hard time watching episodes of Airwolf now because, having gotten used to Mark and Jan's amazing, passionate renditions of the music, it is actually painful for me to hear the original performances of the theme and cues. No passion, no artistry (though there's obvious artistry in the composition itself)... it's all just so flat and rushed-sounding.

Mike

“The only thing we have to fear is Season 4 itself!”
Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: Mike] #3982
17/04/11 03:06 PM
17/04/11 03:06 PM
West Midlands
GregWolf Offline OP
Redwolf Pilot
GregWolf  Offline OP
Redwolf Pilot
West Midlands
Thanks Mike. You have hit the nail on the head.

It would appear that as much as we were all hooked on the original music, both Jan and Mark have taken it to a new level.

thumbs

Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: Mike] #3983
17/04/11 03:09 PM
17/04/11 03:09 PM
Northern Ireland, UK
SuperWolf3000 Offline
Redwolf Pilot
SuperWolf3000  Offline
Redwolf Pilot
Northern Ireland, UK
Interesting idea but it will never happen.

ITV or the BBC would never touch it, plain and simply the cost would be huge.

For its time Airwolf was extremely expensive to make, with the way things are today no network/studio are taking chances with expensive shows.

Universal brought back several of their shows, only one surivived and that was Battlestar Galactica.

The Bionic Woman was dropped only after a couple of episodes, Knight Rider was cancelled after a season.

Now at the moment everyone is watching to see what the new Hiawi 5-0 does, so far its doing well last I heard. The new Wonder Woman is currently being made, again time will tell on that one.

Given how twitchy networks and studios are at the moment cant see it happening.

With Battlestar being the only sucess to date in doing a remake properly.

Plus you have to look at the type of shows both ITV and BBC develop, Airwolf wouldnt fit in.

Now maybe something simillar, not a direct remake, but an experimental weapon of some kind may stand a chance, but aquiring Airwolf and bringing it here, although not impossible, just highly unlikely given the costs to just aquire the license alone to do it would be huge and then all the development work of the machines.

If they did their own creation, then that would work as it would be their own format under their own house. They would have full control, end of the day Airwolf is a Universal property and cant see them giving that up, as its still a form of revenue for them.

Interesting idea though, but I would rather see them come up with something of their own, and have their own style of synth music etc.

We brits are very good at developing our own thing.

So something purely british would be far better than re-dressing an original format.

Last edited by SuperWolf3000; 17/04/11 03:13 PM.
Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: SuperWolf3000] #3984
17/04/11 03:18 PM
17/04/11 03:18 PM
West Midlands
GregWolf Offline OP
Redwolf Pilot
GregWolf  Offline OP
Redwolf Pilot
West Midlands
The cost is a huge stumbling block, but could be financed via product placement and huge advertising revenue. Sale of DVDs and to global TV networks could make for mass future revenues. To get a cameo of Ernest Borgnine at the begining or even Jan Michael Vincent, even for a few seconds could be enough self marketing.

Geraint Wyn Davies was one of our Brit actors in the 4th season. Perhaps he could briefly return?

To develop a new Airwolf with a new name designed for the British scene could work, but costs would have to be low. It would appear inconceivable to have the British version fighting Hughes gunships or Redwolf. However, it could be used similar to the Professionals storylines whereby the criminals have basic aircraft or fast cars.

We have a pool of very talented actors and actresses in the UK with beautifull scenery. Imagine Airwolf being utilised in Holby City episodes? It could be used in conjunction with established UK programmes to help launch it's long term future.

These are only ideas, but who knows?

Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: GregWolf] #3987
17/04/11 03:57 PM
17/04/11 03:57 PM
Northern Ireland, UK
SuperWolf3000 Offline
Redwolf Pilot
SuperWolf3000  Offline
Redwolf Pilot
Northern Ireland, UK
Sad but true my friend, money talks in every aspect of the industry and life in general.

One can dream, no doubt the beautiful landscapes we have here would be an interesting back drop for a heli or jet format.

Only have to look at Reigin Of Fire, the Christian Bale dragon film, which I thought was awsome, most of it was filmed in Southern Ireland inc the beautiful heli sequences.

Re-dressing Airwolf and having a cameo is an interesting idea, but in season 4 dom was killed, string most likely died of his injuiries or would never be able to fly again if he did make it.

Given our shows over the years which shows great and inventive concepts, BUGS, Pie In The Sky, The Avengers, The Sweeney, Randall & Hopkirk, are just a couple to name but we have so many iconic properties over the years, us brits could easily come up something on our own. Doesnt have to be a heli, we could do something like STEALTH perhaps?.

Trying to place Airwolf over here would be difficult and pretty costly. Given how some remakes have not been given the chance they deserve, would be difficult for Airwolf to make it.

Totally agree so many talented actors and actresses have done so well havent they?, had real high hopes for The Bionic Woman remake when the beautiful and talented Michelle Ryan landed the lead role, she was amazing, just a shame they got cancelled, that show had so much promise.

Main thing is though Michelle Ryan has chosen her projects cleverly, shes done very well for herself and continues to challenge her abilities.

Kate Beckinsale has done really well for herself too, the Underworlds being just a small step in her amazing career so far, am really happy to see her reprise her role of Selene in Underworld 4.

Last edited by SuperWolf3000; 17/04/11 03:59 PM.
Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: SuperWolf3000] #3988
17/04/11 06:26 PM
17/04/11 06:26 PM
West Midlands
GregWolf Offline OP
Redwolf Pilot
GregWolf  Offline OP
Redwolf Pilot
West Midlands
I fully agree and have seen shows remade. I saw series 3 and 4 of Auf Wiedersehen Pet. Although I thorughly enjoyed it, times had changed. New technology since the 1980s like the Internet and mobile phones altered storylines greatly.

Also, looking at the show it was predminantly working class. Where are the working class now?

It's like the new Minder without Arthur Daley seemed crazy. I could not watch it. However, Airwolf Season 4 was almost done completely without Jan Michael Vincent and Ernest Borgnine. If a big enough budget had been provided to allow the original flying Airwolf then the show may have become a bigger success. It's a sad reflection that most of us feel so down about the lack of quality throughout season 4. However, my favourite episodes of Ground Zero and The Golden One were both in that season! With a good budget the show could have lived on. Alas, we are now left with our DVD collections and superb music from Jan and Mark.

clap

Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: GregWolf] #3991
18/04/11 04:49 PM
18/04/11 04:49 PM
Northern Ireland, UK
SuperWolf3000 Offline
Redwolf Pilot
SuperWolf3000  Offline
Redwolf Pilot
Northern Ireland, UK
The 4th season sadly never had a chance to be anything other than a season to put out in order to get Airwolf it's syndication package.

Having already spent a fortune on the previous three original seasons, the 4th was constructed only to be a filler only and do it on a shoe string budget.

Jan was only used in the season premiere, after that no more appearances, Ernest Borgine never appeared though, it was a back shot of a double.

Sadly they didnt stand a chance of affording any use of the machine at all, the mock-up Airwolf was all they got.

I would have liked to have seen what they could have done with it if they were given a proper budget and a decent chance at knocking out good episodes.

Despite the season's short comings, you could see some potential in the stories, had they the time and money I think they could have done a good job.

Another great show well worth a mention of its time of great talent, The Champions.

Given how good BUGS was back in the 90's which was a sensational show, never missed an episode!, some really creative writting and top notch performances made it a smash back then.

I would rather see what the writers here could come up with in terms of a super machine format, possibly a mini series, an experimental jet or heli. Have a Bourne style pace to it.

My two pennies anyway.

Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: SuperWolf3000] #4008
20/04/11 05:31 PM
20/04/11 05:31 PM
West Midlands
GregWolf Offline OP
Redwolf Pilot
GregWolf  Offline OP
Redwolf Pilot
West Midlands
I agree these shows were superb. Also in the Champions was Alexandra Bastedo and Jaye Griffiths in Bugs. These two ladies were absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!

woohoo

Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: GregWolf] #4011
21/04/11 05:13 PM
21/04/11 05:13 PM
Northern Ireland, UK
SuperWolf3000 Offline
Redwolf Pilot
SuperWolf3000  Offline
Redwolf Pilot
Northern Ireland, UK
Dude I honestly cant remember, I mean I can remember the shows really well but I would have to revisit them again, been years since I saw Bugs.

Well the latest news whether its correct or not I dont know but Kate Beckinsale is looking the favourite for the Total Recall remake, which also happens to be directed by Len Wiseman, her husband.

These two work well together, the first two Underworlds, be really cool to see her working with Len again.

Hope it is true, as she'd bring a real quality class to Total Recall.

I bought 4,3,2,1 on dvd the other day, good British flick which stars Michelle Ryan amongst a strong cast, heard good things about it and that Michelle is amazing in it. Saving that for tomorrow night as a dvd night.

Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: SuperWolf3000] #4012
21/04/11 06:21 PM
21/04/11 06:21 PM
West Midlands
GregWolf Offline OP
Redwolf Pilot
GregWolf  Offline OP
Redwolf Pilot
West Midlands
"'Lovely stuff,' not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens," (Alan Partridge, 2002).

thumbs

Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: GregWolf] #4015
22/04/11 01:54 PM
22/04/11 01:54 PM
Northern Ireland, UK
SuperWolf3000 Offline
Redwolf Pilot
SuperWolf3000  Offline
Redwolf Pilot
Northern Ireland, UK
Aye well man it's been doing the rounds on the net about Kate Beckinsale possibly being in the Total Recall remake with director hubby Len Wiseman.

I think it will come down to whether she can fit this one in, she's already doing Underworld 4 which is awsome news, she's amazing as Selene.

It would be pretty cool to see her in the Total Recall remake as well.

Last edited by SuperWolf3000; 22/04/11 01:55 PM.
Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: SuperWolf3000] #4033
14/05/11 02:25 AM
14/05/11 02:25 AM
united states
airwolf987654321 Offline
Redwolf Pilot
airwolf987654321  Offline
Redwolf Pilot
united states
personally i think airwolf would be awesome to be remade but i think more different missions not just aerial battles would do like for example survaillance and intelligence missions and maybe some use of the middle east for different battle scenes plus a rebirth of dom and string and cait and archangle would do besides i think a reintegration of the teams would do better

Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: airwolf987654321] #4034
14/05/11 08:45 AM
14/05/11 08:45 AM
Northern Ireland, UK
SuperWolf3000 Offline
Redwolf Pilot
SuperWolf3000  Offline
Redwolf Pilot
Northern Ireland, UK
I think a complete re-tooling is required for Airwolf, not a direct remake at all so I totally agree that re-buffing the original script wouldnt be enough.

Best examples of a really sucessful re-tooling are I think Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins, now we all now the devestation caused with Joel Schmuacher's Batman and Robin, it nearly killed the franchise, it took a few years with numerous attempts to bring Batman back.

Wasnt until Christopher Nolan who had just finished Insomnia st the time had expressed interest along with David Goyer coming on board to shape up what turns out to be a three story arc. So cant wait for The Dark Knight Rises!.

Not only did they bring Batman back, but they brought him back in a much larger scale, they went much deeper into the myth and gave him a reality, a real world, by far the greatest comic book film ever, along with the film that started it all, Richard Donner's Superman.

The other is Battlestar Galactica, as I have mentioned before they broke new ground and didnt stick to the traditional rules, they made changes that suited their version and it worked.

So in my eyes taking a Nolan approach for an Airwolf reboot would be ideal, you can expand the canvas, give the characters a really fresh take, go deeper into the dealings with The Firm, bring other elements in, I think a STEALTH style twist would be good.

My two pennies worth anyway.

Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: Mike] #4119
18/09/11 11:06 AM
18/09/11 11:06 AM
NY, U.S.
billybob Offline
Redwolf Pilot
billybob  Offline
Redwolf Pilot
NY, U.S.
I simpathize with the english version but didnt they lose their superpower status? Also Airwolfs creator -moffett- was a madman from the getgo, shame on the CIA for having to much faith in loopholes! basher

"SHADOW OF THE HAWKE"
Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: billybob] #4122
18/09/11 07:50 PM
18/09/11 07:50 PM
West Midlands
GregWolf Offline OP
Redwolf Pilot
GregWolf  Offline OP
Redwolf Pilot
West Midlands
Airwolf is very much a living thing. It will return.

Dreams are an awesome thing to have cool

The sequel soundtrack is in process and who knows what will happen next!

Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: GregWolf] #4125
22/09/11 06:12 AM
22/09/11 06:12 AM
Cape Coral, Florida
Mike Offline

Global Moderator
Mike  Offline

Global Moderator
Cape Coral, Florida
Some more thoughts here...

And Mark and Clark, feel free to slap me silly if I say anything inaccurate here.

I'm not totally sure, as an American, what it is that gives a British tv show its quintessential "Britishness", so I'm not sure if an American show would fundamentally be in conflict with this.

My take is that, at a very fundamental level, Stringfellow is basically a type of cowboy. I just don't think that would culturally translate well. What I think would do better, in terms of characterization, would be something perhaps more along the lines (disposition-wise, mind you) of a young Edward Woodward or Michael Caine type. Maybe someone in the mold of Daniel Craig's interpretation of James Bond.

I wouldn't attempt to suggest casting for the rest of the characters because, for instance, Jan-Michael and Ernest played two widely separated American sub-types, and I have no idea what the equivalents in the U.K. (loosely grouping in N/S Ireland for convenience) would be. As far as Caitlin or Marella are concerned, same thing goes. Not quite sure, though maybe Caitlin could still be a "red-headed Irish type". Dunno. As for Michael, well... ok, so let's do a Daniel Craig-inspired Hawke, and an Edward Woodward-inspired Michael. Yeah, I think that would fit.

For those of you who've seen Torchwood, would any of those character types perhaps be useful for something like this?

The other advantage is that Airwolf could more plausibly cover the U.K. and areas of Europe than it could "the whole of the U.S." or "the whole of North America", etc. I mean, c'mon, this isn't the 80s, and people want realism here. Making it high-tech and armor-plated would be enough.

Besides, as my ex-g/f Andrea would say, you cannot put jet engines on a helicopter because it would be unstable and exceed VNE and f- up the blades and... well, you get the picture.

Mike

Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: Mike] #4126
22/09/11 03:36 PM
22/09/11 03:36 PM
NY, U.S.
billybob Offline
Redwolf Pilot
billybob  Offline
Redwolf Pilot
NY, U.S.
Jan-Micheal was 'secluded' from mainstream action films, kinda of a renegade loner. Given the irony between the firm and Stringfellow, i dont know if you want a robot pilot - Craig. :(; In Defiance (yes - secluded) Craig wasn't mainstream yet he was still a hero (believer); The firm approached him and unless String produced they threatened him! He knew something, they extracted, and out of survival he evened the odds [hide the loot]. idiot

"SHADOW OF THE HAWKE"
Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: billybob] #4128
23/09/11 04:09 PM
23/09/11 04:09 PM
West Midlands
GregWolf Offline OP
Redwolf Pilot
GregWolf  Offline OP
Redwolf Pilot
West Midlands
New Airwolf Suggestion Could Include:

Soundtrack by MJ Cairns, Jan Michael Szleuw plus The Corrs and The Chieftains.

Original Plastic Mock Up To Be Annexed And Utilised

New Airwolf Helicopter To Be Purchased And Made Close To Look Like The 1984 Version

Setting Eire

4 new main regular charachters to be:

1) Patrick Hawke played by Alex Walkinshaw (Smithy from The Bill)
2) Dominic Rivers played by Chris Ellison (Burnside from The Bill)
3) Caitlin Hawke played by Andrea Corr
4) Archangel played by Patrick Malahide
5) Chief Superintendant Duff played by Jim Broadbent

Main plots to be UK and Irish based working in conjunction with the Police and the Garda to solve local and international crime.

See what you all think!

It could be done and within a more realistic budget!

woohoo

Last edited by GregWolf; 23/09/11 04:10 PM.
Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: billybob] #4129
25/09/11 01:23 AM
25/09/11 01:23 AM
Cape Coral, Florida
Mike Offline

Global Moderator
Mike  Offline

Global Moderator
Cape Coral, Florida
NMCB109, I don't understand what you wrote.

Mike

Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: Mike] #4131
25/09/11 02:01 PM
25/09/11 02:01 PM
West Midlands
GregWolf Offline OP
Redwolf Pilot
GregWolf  Offline OP
Redwolf Pilot
West Midlands
Google or yahoo the suggested names for a remake. See what you think.

cool

Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: GregWolf] #4265
02/02/12 11:12 PM
02/02/12 11:12 PM
Maryland, USA
M
MoffettRules Offline
Pilot
MoffettRules  Offline
Pilot
M
Maryland, USA
Hi everyone, I'm relatively new in here, but I am definitely NOT new to Airwolf. I've been reading a lot of posts that fantasize about a new Airwolf movie. Nothing would please me more to see a well-made movie like this, but we all know how movie re-makes tend to be still-born. The reasons are manifold, but one of the primary reasons is due to renegade directors in Hollywood (or wherever) trying to re-create something they are clueless about. Rather than sit back and dream about this, why don't we take the bull by the horns, use our new ideas (many great ones have been written in here already) and come up with a movie script on our own and have one of our most connected members sell or hawk it (no pun intended) to a director that could make it a reality? Hollywood (and the TV/movie industry at large) is desperately trying to find a niche because frankly, there's nothing new under the sun anymore, and as for me, I am sick and tired of being subjected to lame teen vampires. What better group of people than the experts on Airwolf (us) to come up with a new, fresh script? We all know that the original actors will never be replaced, nor should we try to replace them. They are burned into our conscience. So why not give Airwolf a new beginning as Superwolf suggested? New people, new names, (I'll probably be stoned here).....a new helicopter. The new characters could have similar motives to the old cast, but with a new approach. This would be a very ambitious project, but it can be done. Thoughts?

Last edited by MoffettRules; 02/02/12 11:14 PM.

"The wolf has come down from the north, and your fat little town is safe no longer"
Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: MoffettRules] #4266
02/02/12 11:19 PM
02/02/12 11:19 PM
Maryland, USA
M
MoffettRules Offline
Pilot
MoffettRules  Offline
Pilot
M
Maryland, USA
If a script were to take flight, I only ask to be allowed to write the part of a Dr. Moffet-style counterpart.

"The wolf has come down from the north, and your fat little town is safe no longer"
Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: GregWolf] #4277
09/02/12 03:14 PM
09/02/12 03:14 PM
Maryland, USA
M
MoffettRules Offline
Pilot
MoffettRules  Offline
Pilot
M
Maryland, USA
Well, in retrospect perhaps coming up with a script is a bit too ambitious after all. I'm sure that most of us have full-time jobs and such an undertaking would not be realistic. However, does anyone think a novel (or novels) would sell?

Last edited by MoffettRules; 09/02/12 03:15 PM.

Re: AIRWOLF TO BE REMADE? [Re: MoffettRules] #4311
29/03/12 11:27 PM
29/03/12 11:27 PM
united states
airwolf987654321 Offline
Redwolf Pilot
airwolf987654321  Offline
Redwolf Pilot
united states
if it were to be remade the helicopter itself would have to be a bell 222 but modified even further than the original airwolf and much more sleeker and deadlier looking

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mark J.Cairns, MJC 

BUY the official 'Airwolf Extended Themes' 2CD Soundtrack now. CLICK HERE