Popular Topics(Views)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 0 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Levay's and Bellisario's inspiration for the Main Theme #3810
20/07/10 12:12 PM
20/07/10 12:12 PM
England
Marty Offline OP
Test Pilot
Marty  Offline OP
Test Pilot
England
Just what was it, exactly? For example (for the benefit of our U.S. members who've probably never heard of it), there was a British sci-fi action series called "Terrahawks" that aired round the same time as "Airwolf". It's creator/producer, Gerry Anderson, briefed the composer, Richard Harvey, on what he wanted the Main Theme of the series to sound like; "a combination of the 'best bits' of the themes to 'STAR WARS', 'E.T.' and 'DALLAS'".

What I'd like to know is, just how did Don Bellisario brief Sylvester Levay, prior to the latter beginning to write the Main Theme to "Airwolf"? I wondered whether he used "Star Wars" as an example, since it has a similar, repeating, short motif; best example being when the gang finally depart in the Millenium Falcon from the Death Star in the 2nd Act, and when just after, Solo and Skywalker simultaneously defend the Falcon against a Tie-Fighter squadron using the ship's upper and lowel turret-guns.

Levay talks about how he got "acquainted" with the characters and script of the 'PILOT' episode, most likely watching Bellisario's director's cut closely, and establishing the obvious mature, moody, dark feel and atmosphere that came about with the direction Don took, and the performances of the cast, but I'd like to know which previous musical themes inspired him, or whether there actually weren't any, and he just wrote the Main Theme entirely off his own imagination?

Re: Levay's and Bellisario's inspiration for the Main Theme [Re: Marty] #3811
21/07/10 10:50 AM
21/07/10 10:50 AM
Northern Ireland, UK
Mark J.Cairns Offline
The Alpha Wolf
Mark J.Cairns  Offline
The Alpha Wolf
Northern Ireland, UK
whether there actually weren't any, and he just wrote the Main Theme entirely off his own imagination?

Pretty much. Helicopter blade bass-line came first, then the rest of it.

Mark J.Cairns
Producer, Airwolf Themes CD soundtracks

WEB-SITE - https://airwolfthemes.com/
OFFICIAL VIDEOS for Airwolf Themes Soundtracks - https://www.youtube.com/user/markjcairns
OFFICIAL BLOG for Airwolf Themes Soundtracks - https://airwolfthemes.blogspot.co.uk/
Join us on FACEBOOK - https://facebook.com/airwolf.themes

Buy 'Airwolf Extended Themes' 2CD at Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/1dBEAVr
Buy 'Airwolf' 4 season box-set on HD Blu-ray: https://airwolfthemes.com/buy-airwolf-dvds-from-amazon.html
Re: Levay's and Bellisario's inspiration for the Main Theme [Re: Mark J.Cairns] #3814
21/07/10 06:11 PM
21/07/10 06:11 PM
Lodz, Poland
Jan Michal Szulew Offline
Orchestrator & Associate Producer
Jan Michal Szulew  Offline
Orchestrator & Associate Producer
Lodz, Poland
Originally Posted by Mark J.Cairns
Pretty much. Helicopter blade bass-line came first, then the rest of it.

Which bass-line then - I guess not the famous sequence (the one in my signature), as it was not used in the pilot ep - it was probably invented later.

Jan Michal Szulew
Orchestrator & Associate Producer, Airwolf Themes
[Linked Image]
Re: Levay's and Bellisario's inspiration for the Main Theme [Re: Jan Michal Szulew] #3815
26/07/10 01:13 AM
26/07/10 01:13 AM
ft.collns,colorado
C
conradred56 Offline
Little Wolf
conradred56  Offline
Little Wolf
C
ft.collns,colorado
hi! my name is conrad redin and i am big big airwolf fan since i was 14 yrs old and i was wondering how i would going about designing my own modifed b222 a or the bell 230 and i have name for it and i love the airwolf theme . but i would like to get permission to use edcc and the airwolf helmets for my helicopter project, if you can reply back to me ,i can tell you more if your are interested my helicopter idea. my e-mail address is redin.conrad@yahoo.com to reply to soon as possible . this series and the themes gave me the inspiration and the drive for my helicopter idea since theseries was launched and beyond .i love the show so much and the music , i've come up with my idea of real mach1.0 to mach 2.0 helicopter idea and run it on nuclear fuel to eliminate jet fuel all together ,and new state of the art weapon system and a real speed idea of a combat should be now and forever. hope to hear from yousoon.

Re: Levay's and Bellisario's inspiration for the Main Theme [Re: conradred56] #3816
26/07/10 01:22 AM
26/07/10 01:22 AM
ft.collns,colorado
C
conradred56 Offline
Little Wolf
conradred56  Offline
Little Wolf
C
ft.collns,colorado
hi! again its conrad i wanted to add some to my story, i have been designing my own combat chopper and it is different than the airwolf completely ,but i want to get anyone who interested in it and to get permission to use the airwolf's eletronic data command center and the airwolf helmets , because i will modifed bell 222a or the bell 230 helicopter to due this project of mind since i was 15 yrs old ,so i am really designing a mach 2.0 combat helicopter and to make it the best inthe world. hope to hear from one soon.

Re: Levay's and Bellisario's inspiration for the Main Theme [Re: conradred56] #3817
26/07/10 01:30 AM
26/07/10 01:30 AM
ft.collns,colorado
C
conradred56 Offline
Little Wolf
conradred56  Offline
Little Wolf
C
ft.collns,colorado
hi! its conrad once more . the show and especially the music its so awsome that i have airwolf the series in my blood til the day i'm not on this earth. levay and bellisaros idea of the show was the best that will ever be and you guys are the best to bring this show and series together. ,but my helicopter name will be "firewolf" helicopter of this furture . so i am very in my project and airwolf on my blood for a long time to come and i will express my fansmenship to air wolf too.

Re: Levay's and Bellisario's inspiration for the Main Theme [Re: conradred56] #3818
26/07/10 01:35 AM
26/07/10 01:35 AM
ft.collns,colorado
C
conradred56 Offline
Little Wolf
conradred56  Offline
Little Wolf
C
ft.collns,colorado
jan micheal brought the music that should been out a long time ago ,but you revived the and the passion for it ,and hope you conitue to do so and my hand goes out to you , oh! by the if you are interested in my helicopter idea , e-mail at redin.conrad@yahoo.com to discuss about my idea for my helicopter ok. hope to hear from you soon.

Moderated by  Mark J.Cairns, MJC 

BUY the official 'Airwolf Extended Themes' 2CD Soundtrack now. CLICK HERE