Popular Topics(Views)
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Mark J.Cairns), 1 guest and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Airwolf Re-Imagining #3781
22/06/10 06:52 AM
22/06/10 06:52 AM
Kentucky
D
DQuartermane Offline OP
Little Wolf
DQuartermane  Offline OP
Little Wolf
D
Kentucky
Hey Everyone,
I just saw the new A Team movie and I must say it was fantastic. I admit I a biased having been raised on the awesome of 80's TV. But I thought it really honored the original and yet made it it's own.

So I pose this question to all of the lovers of The Lady. How would you see a re-do/re imagining of our show onto the big screen.

I think for the most part it wouldn't be that hard just to make it a CIA or DOD contract for the prototype. You could have a "Moffat" like from Shadow Of The Hawke. Or you could take it where the boss of the whole operation goes rogue with the dashing pilot taking to the chopper to try to do some good with it.

A bit weak perhaps but I think it is a start. Thoughts?

DQ

Re: Airwolf Re-Imagining [Re: DQuartermane] #3782
22/06/10 06:54 AM
22/06/10 06:54 AM
Kentucky
D
DQuartermane Offline OP
Little Wolf
DQuartermane  Offline OP
Little Wolf
D
Kentucky
And I just want to say I mean no disrespect to anyone of the original show. Like I said it was my childhood and I don't want to see it ruined. But there is no reason why we can't speculate in good fun.

DQ

Re: Airwolf Re-Imagining [Re: DQuartermane] #3867
07/11/10 03:06 PM
07/11/10 03:06 PM
Ohio
B
BigDoubleJ Offline
Little Wolf
BigDoubleJ  Offline
Little Wolf
B
Ohio
You have to keep the original content but just update it. you need actors that can play the original role but also update it. the problem is in the 80's that was all speculative tech, now days its outdated so here is the problem. if you set the movie/t.v show now days you have to create all new tech which is fine but it will be a bit complicated. now days no one would get away with steeling a govt prototype attack chooper. if you set it now days then you cant have the same airwolf. it would have to be changed. so then you could set it in the 80's but then it just becomes a copy. then you have the fanboys who would be complaining either way. trust me i want this re made just as the next guy i really do and i hope someone can find the nice balance of update and keeping it original. as far as actors for string i vote jenssen ackles and for dom i vote bob hoskins.

Re: Airwolf Re-Imagining [Re: BigDoubleJ] #3868
11/11/10 05:56 PM
11/11/10 05:56 PM
Northern Ireland, UK
SuperWolf3000 Offline
Redwolf Pilot
SuperWolf3000  Offline
Redwolf Pilot
Northern Ireland, UK
Popular subject amongst the Airwolf community, I always enjoy hearing peoples take on what a new Airwolf would be.

The biggest and most talked about aspect of it is what Airwolf would be, there are quite a few that like the original machine just a nip and tuck here and there to bring her up to date but there are others including myself that love the Bell 430.

Best examples of how a great re-booting or re-imaging is Battlestar Galactica.

What they did was perfect, while respecting the original by having certin elements that give a nod and salute to the original they also went out and made their own show. The show was allot darker, grittier and shot documentry style giving the impression of up close and personal with the action and the beautifully rendered effects are just incredible.

Backed with a cool and top notch cast and great stories the re-booted Battlestar Galactica did what many other remakes failed to do and that was be a hit.

So thats the show I would look at in terms of what to aim for with Airwolf if it were to ever happen.

The biggest challenge is the cost, with todays climate and the way things are, for something like Airwolf to either be a film or series again wouldnt be [naughty-policed] and I dont know if the studio would be as confident in taking a chance, while they did a brief Knight Rider series it sadly got cancelled after one season and Bionic Woman finished after eight episodes.

Film wise I think you would see a Knight Rider film long before an Airwolf feature comes along, but you just never know with the world of tv and film, anything is possible.

So who would you have cast wise?.

I have always like this line up myself,

Karl Urban playing Stringfellow Hawke

Rachel Nichols playing Cait

Victor Garber playing Archangel

Cant decide about Dom though, havent seen any actor that matches Ernies spark and energy.

Re: Airwolf Re-Imagining [Re: SuperWolf3000] #3870
16/11/10 10:50 PM
16/11/10 10:50 PM
Northern Ireland, UK
Mark J.Cairns Online content
The Alpha Wolf
Mark J.Cairns  Online Content
The Alpha Wolf
Northern Ireland, UK
Is this who you want to be a new Hawke, Will? He's more "Mr Big' [Sex & The City) than "Mr Hawke".

[Linked Image]

IMAGE FROM THE AWESOME MOVIE, "RED"

A big portion of the Wolf Pack would be keen to cast Josh Hartnett:

[Linked Image]

...for his similar looks and acting style to JMV.

Mark J.Cairns
Producer, Airwolf Themes CD soundtracks

WEB-SITE - https://airwolfthemes.com/
OFFICIAL VIDEOS for Airwolf Themes Soundtracks - https://www.youtube.com/user/markjcairns
OFFICIAL BLOG for Airwolf Themes Soundtracks - https://airwolfthemes.blogspot.co.uk/
Join us on FACEBOOK - https://facebook.com/airwolf.themes

Buy 'Airwolf Extended Themes' 2CD at Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/1dBEAVr
Buy 'Airwolf' 4 season box-set on HD Blu-ray: https://airwolfthemes.com/buy-airwolf-dvds-from-amazon.html
Re: Airwolf Re-Imagining [Re: Mark J.Cairns] #3871
17/11/10 06:09 PM
17/11/10 06:09 PM
Northern Ireland, UK
SuperWolf3000 Offline
Redwolf Pilot
SuperWolf3000  Offline
Redwolf Pilot
Northern Ireland, UK
Yep that's him, Karl Urban, great actor, Pathfinder, Star Trek, The Bourne Supremacy and many others and its been announced he's playing Judge Dread in the all new re-boot.

This guy is a fantastic actor!.

Josh I agree has some simillar qualities in style wise to JMV in his prime, Josh too is a great actor, seen most of his films, 30 Days Of Night being my favourite next to Black Hawk Down.

My choice is still Karl, a new and fresh take on String, a deeper, darker and grittier version.

With Rachel Nichols as Cait, (she played Rachel Gibson in Alias) and Victor Garber as Archangel. ( he played Jack Bristow in Alias)

Moderated by  Mark J.Cairns, MJC 

BUY the official 'Airwolf Extended Themes' 2CD Soundtrack now. CLICK HERE