The 2007 Digital Downloads Re-Release / Re-Mastering of ‘Airwolf Themes’
In 2007, a full 8 years after the original, physical 2CD release of the music soundtrack, Mark J.Cairns decided to have the soundtrack remastered from its analogue 24-track tape original recordings at Einstein Studios again during July 2007, again under the sound engineering genius of the legendary, Frankie McClay.
They also took the opportunity to enhance and remix a couple of the tracks from the original 'Airwolf Themes 2CD' recordings, creating new, 24-bit 96Khz digital masters for optimum sound quality and a great starting point for down-sampling to the 16-bit world of digital music formats in MP3 and AAC. In total, five tracks were remixed including fixing problems with what was Cairns' least favourite track at the time (technically) for the Season 3 episode, 'DESPERATE MONDAY'.
"We did a few things to totally transform it and it now sounds wonderful, both aesthetically and acoustically, and its amazing how the technology has changed during the noughts and the potential for digital audio now and in the future," Cairns said at the time.
The five tracks that were remixed and enhanced, including new instrument tracks were:
• Main Theme - 3rd Season Opening Titles
• DESPERATE MONDAY
• Main Theme - 1st Season Closing Titles
• Main Themes - 2nd / 3rd Season Closing Titles
The Tracklist of 'Airwolf Themes' 2007 Digital Downloads Re-Release
Episodic CD1 by Mark J.Cairns
Special Bonus CD2 by Sylvester Levay
Total Duration: 01:25:45
The original Features of 'Airwolf Themes' 2007 Digital Downloads Re-Release
- - 25 tracks
- - Digitally Remastered throughout + 5 tracks remixed
- - Sold via: Apple iTunes, Amazon.com, PinnacleDigital.com, 7Digital.com - NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
- - Original cost: GBP £19.99
- - Release date: November 2007
- - Label Code: GERCD3-b
- - NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE (possibly in the future again)